Friday, January 1, 2010

Press Release from Lisa Kaplan, NUSD School Board Member

Press Release
Contact: Lisa Kaplan
916/996-1474
kaplan4kids@yahoo.com


Kaplan to Run for Third Term on Natomas School Board

Sacramento - Natomas School Board member Lisa Kaplan has announced her intention to seek re-election to the Natomas School Board in 2010, opting out of the race for Sacramento City Council, District 1.

"When I decided to run for Sacramento City Council, I promised myself that I would stick true to why I first decided to run for School Board. I first ran for school board because I knew I could make a difference and had a passion for changing the lives of the children of Natomas for the better. My passion is for the children of Natomas and I want the opportunity to continue to make a positive difference in their lives. I cannot knowingly vacate my school board seat without setting the District right financially as we weather this economic downturn," said Kaplan. "I wish to thank everyone who has stood with me from the very beginning, especially my friends like the Northern California Carpenters, Griselda Barajas, Dr. George King, Grantland Jonson, Matthew Bunch, John Vigna and Scott Dosick."

In support of Kaplan’s bid for re-election to the Natomas School Board, are several key supporters in her bid for City Council. In a statement from the Northern California Carpenters Local #46, they affirm their support with the following statement. “Northern California Carpenters Local #46, stands solidly behind and in support of Lisa Kaplan in her re-election for a third term to the Natomas School Board.”

Also indicating support is, Scott Dosick, a Westlake Charter Board member and President of the North Natomas Transportation Management Association, who states, “I fully stand behind Lisa, and her decision to run for re-election to the Natomas School Board.” Further indicating support is fellow School Board Member, Bruce Roberts, who declares, “I look forward to working with Lisa on the Natomas School Board and support her in her re-election to the Board in November 2010.”

###
Lisa Kaplan, A New LeaderCandidate, Sacramento City Council - District 1
Trustee, Natomas School Board (2002 - Present)
www.kaplan4council.com
916/996-1474 (cell)

No comments: